Upcoming events at NIHA
We have extended our already packed list of activities with the return of our popular Green Breakfasts. From May onwards we will have an extensive line-up of breakfast events that will give extraordinary perspectives on the topics of sustainability and innovation.
Next to our Green Breakfasts, NIHA is organizing other events that might be of interest to you:
- On the 22nd of May Jan Rath, professor of Urban sociology at the University of Amsterdam will enlighten us on the economic transformation taking place for small businesses. Title: From mom-and-pop shops to cool boutiques? An expert from Ankara will elucidate on the Turkish situation (to be confirmed).
- On the 23rd of May, the second seminar of many to follow on Early Childhood Development will take place in the conference room at NIHA. Topic: Music and Children’s books.
- The 25th of May is highlighted on our calendar with an International Brokerage Event scheduled to take place in Istanbul. Scientists in the field of Nano-, Bio- and Space Technology together with Business Representatives from the Manufacturing and Process Technology sectors will have a matchmaking session with representatives of Tübitak, the scientific and technological research council of Turkey.
- June 5th will be an important date on the NIHA calendar when award-winning writer and NIHA founder Erik-Jan Zürcher will lecture a history seminar in the NIHA conference room.
- On June 6th NIHA organizes a screening of the movie “Liefdeswinter” (Love winter) by Dutch Turkish film maker Gülşah Doǧan followed by a discussion. An award winning story about love, surviving two cultures and time.
- The 13th of June offers us an athletic diversion from our professional day-to-day activities with the European Cup thriller The Netherlands versus Germany, screened live in the lavish NIHA-garden. A small surcharge will apply for food and drinks.
- Art will make an appearance on our schedule on the 15th of June with the opening of an exhibition. Four Dutch artists (Theo de Feyter, Maarten Welbergen, Joanna Quispel and Bram Stoof) will show their paintings in an exhibition called “Painting Capitals –Ankara–Amsterdam”.
More events and information about our ever growing event schedule can be found on our website: www.nihankara.org